Economic Data Dashboard
Live, up-to-date quarterly data at your fingertips. The dashboard provides quick stats and the ability to check how key economic metrics are tracking locally and nationally.
Access headline figures for key economic indicators across five major areas - economic activity, employment, business, housing and regional comparison.
Instructions For Use
- The report will automatically set to the most recent quarter. To select a different quarter, use the date filter at the top right corner of each page.
- You will only be able to select a single quarter at a time, and the date filter will apply to all pages of the dashboard.
- Desktop users: Hovering over each section title will provide a pop up with the name of the data source. Hovering over each numerical figure will provide a pop up with information about the data and data period.
- Mobile users: Information about each dataset and data period is located at the bottom of each page.
- All of the data in this dashboard reflects quarterly figures. Growth rates reflect a comparison between the selected quarter, and the same quarter in the previous year. For example, when a 5% value is returned, it means that the quarterly figure increased by 5% when compared to the same quarter in the previous year.
- The only exception to this is the GDP growth figure, which is for the year to date for the selected quarter. For example, when December 2021 is selected on the date filter, the growth rate is for the year to December 2021 compared to the year to December 2020.
- GDP: Infometrics (Quarterly Economic Monitor)
- Exports: Statistics NZ (Overseas Cargo Statistics)
- Retail Spending: Marketview (Electronic Card Transactions)
- Labour Force Participation & Unemployment: Statistics NZ (Household Labour Force Survey)
- Jobs Online: Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (Quarterly Jobs Online)
- Jobseekers: Ministry of Social Development (Income Support Quarterly Reporting)
- Confidence: Westpac McDermott Miller (Confidence Surveys)
- Performance of Manufacturing & Services Indexes: BusinessNZ (PMI & PSI Surveys)
- Inflation: Statistics NZ (Consumer & Business Price Indexes)
- Building Consents: Statistics NZ (Building Consents)
- House Prices & Sales: Real Estate Institute of New Zealand (Monthly Property Report)
- Weekly Rent: Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (Rental Bond Data)
- Housing & Rental Affordability: Infometrics (Quarterly Economic Report)