Working Together Strengthens Relations
When the world was brought to a halt in 2019 by the COVID pandemic the tourism industry was hit the hardest and this whakataukī resembles the resilience and strength that has been endured to keep relations within the industry strong.
The ChristchurchNZ Destination Partner Programme helps us to effectively engage with tourism businesses across the sector. Our aim is to harness the intellectual and funding resources of central and local government, as well as operators, suppliers, and business event professionals to promote the outstanding visitation capability of our region to both domestic and international markets.
- Optimise consumer, trade, business events and media in key international markets
- Act as the eyes and ears for our industry and communicate with external stakeholders that influence tourism and business event outcomes
- Bid, motivate and assist professional conference organisers, corporate meeting planners and association executives to select our city and region as the destination for their business event
- Deliver a robust range of resources and services that make it easy to plan a holiday, business event or cruise day trip in our region
- Research opportunities and apply our marketing resources to the projects with the greatest benefit to our tourism and business event future
- Communicate effectively with our local communities so that they understand the social and economic benefits of a vibrant and well supported tourism and business events industry.