Our Locations at a Glance
Screen CanterburyNZ covers New Zealand’s largest region - the central South Island, including the West Coast, Southern Alps and the east coast from Kaikoura to the Waitaki River.
- The Southern Alps including New Zealand’s highest peak, Aoraki/Mt Cook (over 1,500 mountain peaks)
- Spectacular alpine landscapes with glaciers, lakes and geothermal pools (over 3,000 permanent snow patches)
- Shingle and sand beaches, cliffs and bays, dunes
- Thousands of rivers, streams, and waterfalls.
- Coastal forests, alpine forests and subtropical rainforests
- Lowland swamps, rock and desert grasslands