This stunning fully licensed venue is part of the award-winning International Antarctic Centre visitor attraction and provides superb theming opportunities and fascinating experiences of life on the frozen continent.
The International Antarctic Centre (IAC) offers guests the opportunity to experience for themselves the awe-inspiring beauty of Antarctica, while its versatility of space, exceptional service and quality catering makes it suitable for all manner of functions.
The IAC is located opposite Christchurch International Airport, and 20 minutes’ drive from the city centre. This location is ideal for local, national, and international meetings and events from 40 to 250 people.
IAC is a unique venue - it has New Zealand's only indoor / outdoor penguin encounter. Groups of up to 45 can use the penguin encounter area for cocktail receptions or for dining close to the Little Blue Penguins.
Suitable for all types of social and business events, the International Antarctic Centre offers five separate meeting and function areas including two conference rooms. Marquees can be accommodated outside.
The ideal venue for a variety of events:
- Private functions
- Corporate dinners
- Charity balls
- Cocktail receptions
- Birthday/anniversary celebrations
- Mid-winter socials
- Christmas dinner
- New Year celebrations
- Sales meetings
- Incentive groups
Additional theming might include:
- Husky dogs to welcome guests
- Antarctic Centre characters
- Hägglund all-terrain, amphibian vehicle rides
- Ice bars and cool cocktails
- Snow storm experience
- Ice sculptures
- Sunset-on-the-ice lighting effects
- The New Zealand Penguin Encounter - New Zealand's only indoor/outdoor penguin encounter. A unique and interactive dining experience unavailable anywhere else in New Zealand! Breakfast or dinner with the Little Blue penguins is for up to 45 people.
- Business centre
- Meeting rooms
- On-site catering
We look forward to talking to you and making sure your function is memorable and successful.
Sir Edmund Hilary Room
Tim Hobson Room