What to expect:
- An early start: Ballooning is best at sunrise, when the weather is calmest and to make the most of the beautiful morning light.
- Ballooning Canterbury is a 35-minute drive west of Christchurch Airport. Allow approximately 4-5 hours for this remarkable experience, from the time of leaving your accommodation to the time you return. The actual flying time is approximately one hour
- For visitors who do not have their own transport Ballooning Canterbury can provide transfers from central hotel/motels in Christchurch
- It is a hands-on experience. Passengers are actively encouraged to help the pilot and crew with the pre-flight inflation and packing up the conclusion of the flight
- Spectacular views and fantastic photo opportunities
- A glass of chilled champagne or fruit juice and a light snack after landing
- In-flight photos, given to you for free by way of Facebook.