Two Hours West Of Christchurch
A two-hour drive west from Ōtautahi Christchurch you'll find Arthur's Pass National Park. Arthur's Pass is all about nature and scenery and there's plenty of both to explore!
The small village of Arthur's Pass is surrounded by the mighty Southern Alps and is the ultimate spot for hiking. The local Department of Conservation Visitor Centre is a wealth of information regarding walks in the area.
The Devil’s Punchbowl walk is a short, popular track with excellent photo opportunities in front of the falls. Watch out for cheeky Kea – the smart alpine parrot has been known to steal lunches and loves nibble on window wipers!
- A pie lover? Don't leave Canterbury without having tried the famous Sheffield pies
- Tired of walking? Try quad biking at Adventure Trailrides in Springfield
- Explore the area by horse trekking or jet boating at Rubicon Farm near Springfield
- Adventure seekers will be fully satisfied after a walk through Cave Stream - be sure to check the conditions before entering the cave!
- Test your bouldering and climbing skills at Castle Hill