Co-Ed / Y1-13
Oxford Area School is a growing Year 1-13 school of approximately 520 students with less than 10 internationals. Our homestays are located in the village within walking distance of the school or on lifestyle or working farms located on the school bus route. Students who love fresh air, the outdoors and animals will love being here.
We are located in Oxford, just 45 minutes north of Christchurch in a growing semi-rural area nestled in a recreational paradise of mountains, forests, rivers and plains. The Southern Alps, Mount Oxford, Oxford Forest and rivers are all close to our village meaning there are a wide range of outdoor recreational opportunities on our doorstep.
- A boutique sized school with a culture of excellence, innovation and creativity
- Curriculum designed with the individual students’ interests and abilities in mind
- Small class sizes in the senior school allow for plenty of individual time with teachers
- Observatory at school and an Astronomy Club
- Outdoor Education and Agriculture Specialists
- Range of sporting and cultural opportunities
- Visual and Performance Arts programmes
- Kapa Haka
- Popular Hospitality and Food Technology courses
International Students: 10
Total Number Students: 520