Business Tools & Resources
ChristchurchNZ is committed to supporting Canterbury based businesses throughout this period.
For up to date information on support for businesses visit the Government’s COVID-19 website.
Our Business Growth team can provide tailored advice to businesses regarding the support and advice available.
Below we've captured tools and resources that will assist businesses during this time.
Applying for the Government Wage Subsidy for COVID-19
The August 2021 Wage Subsidy is now available.
COVID-19 Business Helpline
If you need any business-related advice or support The Canterbury Employers' Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Business Helpline is available for all businesses in the South Island, phone: 0800 50 50 96.
Provides help with:
- Workplace operations at changing alert levels
- Advice on how to access Government financial support, such as the Wage Subsidy Scheme, Resurgence Support Payment, Short-Term Absence Payment, and Leave Support Scheme
- Understanding your employer obligations for staff during alert levels
- Advice on the vaccination rollout and your workers
- Advice to support you through human resource challenges, including changes to your staffing profile, employee wellness and helping you meet your Health and Safety obligations
- Information around Government business support including digital enablement, employee support and funded or subsidised business advisory support
- General business advice to support business continuity.
Webinars and Online Courses
Previously Recorded ChristchurchNZ Webinars
ChristchurchNZ hosted a webinar on 20 April 2020 about the COVID-19 visitor economy recovery plan and the support services available to tourism businesses. View recording of the webinar and download the presentations from ChristchurchNZ here and Prof. D Simmons here.
The ChristchurchNZ Convention Bureau held a webinar for business partners on 1 May 2020 covering the action plan and support going forward for business in the COVID-19 environment. View a recording of the webinar and download the presentation.
Digital Boost is a free government See here with over 300 short “how to” videos on getting your company digital ready.
Key Legal Issues for Charities
Find out what key legal issues charities in NZ should be focused on amidst these unprecedented times.
Leases and COVID-19: How will this impact?
Read how the Deed of Lease, clause 27.5 “No Access in Emergency” might apply.
A video (below) explaining about COVID-19 and commercial leases.
A video (below) explaining about Force Majeure in contracts and what those clauses are used for (to suspend performance of obligations). Read more about Force Majeure
Charity sector response to COVID-19
A video (below) recorded Friday 27 March 2020 covering off the charity sector response to COVID-19
What Companies and Directors should be doing to respond
Advice on how companies and directors should be responding to COVID-19
Clarification on Government Assistance
- BDO FAQ
- Guidelines on the definition of essential services . If you are unsure if your business is considered essential, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 22 66 57 (9am to 5pm).
We'll be adding more resources to this page as the COVID-19 situation continues. Please re-visit this page for more information.