This venue is one of a kind and boasts both character and beauty in its own way.
Milton St Substation was first built in 1928 and recently renovated to become one of Christchurch's premium events and conference venues. The high ceilings and brick walls make it a great place to create, inspire and have your event vision come to life.
Areas and Rooms
The historic façade remains untouched while the grand doors lead you through to an entirely different and pleasantly surprising interior.
- On the ground floor the spacious lobby leads into the large industrial basement’esque room or head from the lobby up to the mezzanine that overlooks the lobby and sun soaked outside deck.
- All areas lead to the festoon-lit courtyard to the north-facing rear of the building.
- The kitchenette offers caterers a private space to prepare & cook meals.
- Three stylishly modern indoor bathrooms and two outdoor bathrooms.
- The entrance doors allow vehicles to drive inside the lobby or utilize the speak-easy door for an elusive entry.
- A flagpole allows a unique opportunity to customize a flag to be seen by all in the greater South of Christchurch.