Inner city shopping event
Join us for the kick-off of late night shopping in the central city on Friday, 14 December, from 6 - 8pm.
The central city will be buzzing with festivities and our magical Christmas elves will be out in full force.
Enjoy live music, entertainment, giveaways and exclusive discounts - the perfect time to finish up your Christmas shopping!
Date: Friday, 14 December
Location: Cashel Street Mall
Time: 6 – 8pm
20% off store wide! Friday, 14 December only.
Take advantage of this special one day offer! Shop our latest range of Sun and Optical glasses - the perfect gift for friends, family or even yourself! (exclusive to Bailey Nelson Cashel Street - terms and conditions apply). 79 Cashel Street
It's the last Loyalty Event for the Year. Our Love Your Body™ Club members will receive a Free Gift with Purchase when they spend $99 storewide. Not a member? Customers can join up to the Loyalty programme for free on the day. Find out the benefits of becoming a member? 268 High Street
- Friday, 14 December - 2 for 1 on FIVE gourmet burgers - pick from Ford Freakout, Bacon Backfire, American Muscle Single or Double, or the V8 Vegan and get another one for FREE!
- Saturday, 15 December - Monday, 24 December - from 6-10pm. Free Spud Fries with any burger, only at Hereford BurgerFuel, ask in-store for T&Cs. 120 Hereford Street
- Buy one full size antipodes product and get a FREE Grace Cleanser for the month of December. 111 Cashel Street
Getting into town
If you only need to grab a few small things then consider busing into town. Visit metro to plan your trip and make sure you get a Metrocard to make travelling faster and cheaper. You can pick one up for $10 at the Bus Interchange or at various libraries around the city. You can then load your card across the Metro services.
If your shopping list is a bit longer, then drive in and park at one of the many central city car parks. There’s plenty of on-street and covered car parking options so check out the car park map to find the best option for you.
Hit the shops
Here’s our list of some of the great shops and boutiques within walking distance around the central city:
- Book lovers should head straight to Christchurch institution Scorpio Books in the BNZ Centre. This independent bookstore has a fantastic range of books, from fiction to foreign languages to sociology. The knowledgeable staff are always happy to recommend a great read or help you find the perfect present.
- Ballantynes department store offers quality women’s and men’s fashion, cosmetics, homewares and gifts for all. During December the store offers some great promotions including Market Day in the Pantry where you can sample some local treats and Santa’s grotto for photos with Santa.
- Head down to the Arts Centre and support local artisans and independent retailers during the Arts Centre’s late-night shopping evening on 6 December. Stores will be open until 9pm and there will be Christmas mince pies, festive card and wreath making. While you’re there, check out one of our favourite shops, Shopology, stockists of premium New Zealand-made products from artisan edibles to homewares and accessories.
- If you are looking for a great gift with some New Zealand flair pop into Simply New Zealand – from kiwifruit cosmetics to beautiful locally made blown glass or merino and possum knitwear for those in colder climates.
- The Crossing has a great selection of shops to wander, connected by laneways and open public spaces. Pick up some of the latest fashion at stores including Country Road, Witchery, Trenery, Dfusion, Rodd & Gunn or Sunglass Hut. If you’re stuck for a gift idea you can’t go wrong with a pamper voucher at ProfessioNAIL or for a present with the ‘wow’ factor what about a monthly delivery of flowers from Bourbon Rose Florist?
- Stop by the ANZ Centre for a great selection of gifts including Macpac for the outdoorsy person in your life, Mecca Maxima and Glassons for the fashionista and Partridge Jewellers for that someone special.
- Head down to New Regent Street, take in the beautiful Spanish Mission architecture and find some great gifts. We recommend Heart and Soul Gallery, stockists of beautiful predominantly Canterbury-made items including stunning jewellery, kids clothing, bags, rugs and women’s clothing.
- After all that shopping why not treat yourself to a glass of something refreshing and a snack at one of the sophisticated restaurants on The Terrace, like Original Sin, Fat Eddies, Kong, or Bangalore Polo Club.
Wind-down with a movie
If you fancy making a complete day of it why not wind down with an outdoor movie? Be sure to catch the Leighs Construction Outdoor Cinema at the Arts Centre. Films for all ages will be screened on 6 and 7 December and again in on 18 and 19 January and 8 and 9 February. Entry is gold coin donation, which will go to the Arts Centre’s restoration programme.