Local Businesses You Can Support From Your Home
Warm-up those keyboards Christchurch, it’s time to jump online and support local businesses with your virtual shopping cart. Here are some online offerings to get your mouse clicking:
Get Your Foodie Fix
Support your local café and restaurant by ordering online, we’re spoilt for choice here in Christchurch, here’s just the tip of the foodie iceberg that awaits:
- Meatball Monday get fresh and delicious ‘Ballz’ to your door every Monday, just order by 9pm on Saturday. Our fave is the classic beef & pork, but check out drool-worthy vege options too!
- Green Dinner Table make delicious plant-based meals with ingredients and recipes delivered to your doorstep. Designed by local chef’s Tom Riley and Chris Kappeley, the meals are delivered in environmentally friendly packaging with produce from local growers and food producers – feel good food all around!
- Grizzly Baked Goods some might say it’s the best sourdough in the city, but you’ve got to test that theory for yourself! Grizzly make amazing bread, bagels and sweet treats – all freshly baked from local ingredients and delivered to your door on Tuesdays and Fridays.
Need wine to go with your meal? Black Estate are offering “Room Service” to all Christchurch and North Canterbury residents. Complimentary delivery of wine, takeaway meals and food from their website with all profits going to keeping their restaurant staff going.
Gifting Made Easy
If you’ve got a birthday or special occasion coming up, support a local business by buying a gift or gift card online.
- Pepa Stationary – this is a stationery-lovers dream, the search for the perfect pad in the perfect pantone is finally over! Check out Peppa’s amazing range of cards, journals, notebooks, pens, books and magazines. Free shipping over $40 – bargain!
- HAPA – if you’ve been into Hapa’s store at The Tannery or BNZ Centre you’ll know they have a carefully curated selection of gorgeous handmade or locally produced products. Jump online and show the HAPA team (and a lucky person in your life) some love
- Infinite Definite browse the latest fashion and get winter-ready with the latest knits, boots and accessories
- felt.co.nz – stunning NZ made prints, sculptures, babywear and jewellery. Warning: set aside a whole evening to browse their amazing collections!
- GoodFor – double win here – environmentally friendly and supporting local – boom! GoodFor’s plastic-free delivery of bulk goods will be dispatched to you within 24 hours. Grains, cereals, flour, herbs, spices – you name it, they’ve got it. Check out their freeze-dried strawberries covered in dark chocolate – all the food groups covered in one mouthful!
Local Entertainment at Your Fingertips
Search out local bands, podcasts and films online to keep you entertained at home.