Top travel tips for Sunday, 3 June
On race day widespread travel disruption is expected as participants take to the streets for our city’s favourite footrace. There will be road closures in place but the CBD is open for business.
So, if you’re driving, then plan ahead, choose your route, come in early, support the city and the ASB Christchurch Marathon.
- No vehicle travel across the central city – let’s keep streets safe for our runners.
- Drive around, not across the central city
- Detours and alternative routes will be in place to keep the city moving
- Walk or cycle where possible
- Avoid delays and plan ahead
- Expect to park and walk
- Buses are operational, with timetable delays
- Traffic restrictions in place from 5am – 2pm
- Durham and Montreal Streets reopened from 10am
Our vibrant city centre is open for business so plan your trip into town and come support the 38th running of the Christchurch Marathon
For more details visit www.journeys.nzta.govt.nz/ASB-Christchurch-Marathon