The café culture in Christchurch is alive and kicking with some world class institutions right at our doorstep. It was hard to choose, but here's our pick for 9 of the best spots to get your caffeine fix.
1. C1 Espresso – It's been around for 20 years, but always remains fast, fresh and unique. Definitely a Christchurch must do (who can resist a flying burger?).
2. Lyttelton Coffee Company – A little slice of delicious in the port of Lyttelton. Supplying coffee all over Christchurch and beyond, so why not get it straight from the source!
3. Hello Sunday – Nominated by its peers at the 2016 Hospitality Awards, as the best café in Christchurch, this Sydenham café is one that you really don’t want to miss.
4. Ilex – In the heart of the stunning Christchurch Botanic Gardens is this stunningly designed café – enjoy sitting outside for some coffee and cake and take in the idyllic atmosphere.
5. Black & White Coffee Cartel –These guys are serious about coffee! They'll serve you up the perfect brew, exactly how you like it!
6. Caffeine Laboratory – One of the most iconic Christchurch places to enjoy your morning brew. New Regent Street is a great backdrop for some seriously good food and coffee.
7. She Universe – So it isn’t the coffee here of note – it's the hot chocolate that will totally blow you away. Rich, indulgent and decadent… it's an “out of this world” experience.
8. Beach Café – Child friendly, dog friendly, and just plain old friendly. This café is the ideal place to sit and enjoy a treat or two and then walk it off with a stroll down Waimairi beach.
9. Meshino – The ultimate suburban café in St Albans, and an ideal place to go for a leisurely Sunday brunch… try the pulled lamb salad and watch your friends get food envy.
Feel like ice cream? Find out our top picks.