The South Island Lantern Festival is one of Christchurch’s largest and most popular events, so be sure to plan your travel well in advance. Here are our top tips:
- With a lot of work happening within the central city, be sure to allow plenty of time to get to the festival.
- Consider cycling, walking, taking public transport or carpooling to the event.
- There are plenty of car parking options in the city, check them out here.
- Christchurch Casino has kindly offered FREE parking during the South Island Lantern Festival. Just park in the Peterborough Street car park, grab your ticket, and head into the Casino lobby at the end of your night to validate your ticket.
- Want to leave the car at home? The Christchurch Bus Exchange, on Lichfield Street, has regular links to suburbs throughout the city and is an easy walk to the festival. Plan your trip.