The South Island Lantern Festival is one of Christchurch’s largest and most popular events, so be sure to plan your travel well in advance. Here are our top tips:
- With a lot of work happening within the central city, be sure to allow plenty of time to get to the festival.
- Consider cycling, walking, taking public transport or carpooling to the event.
- $6 parking will be available at The Hereford Street Carpark and The West End Carpark from midday until 6am on both days of the festival. The Crossing Carpark will also be $6 from 4.30pm until 6am the following morning. These carparks are all an easy walk to the festival.
- There are plenty of car parking options in the city, check them out here.
- Want to leave the car at home? The Christchurch Bus Exchange, on Lichfield Street, has regular links to suburbs throughout the city and is an easy walk to the festival. Plan your trip.