Ninety minutes from Christchurch, nestled within mountain ranges lies Hanmer Springs. This alpine town offers everything from ultimate relaxation to thrill seeking adventures.
The Thermal Pools are ideal for families and couples. There's hydroslides, wet play areas and a large resort style beach access pool to keep the little ones busy. For those after a little more relaxation, make your way around the variety of hot pools of varying temperatures, the aqua therapy areas or really treat yourself with a luxury spa package!
There's so much to do in the village! Perfect your putt at mini golf, take a Village Pedal Pop, visit the local animal park or take to the many walking and biking tracks in the area. Want something more white knuckled? How about river rafting, canoeing, jet boating, bungy jumping or a spot of quad biking?
- The old Waiau Ferry Bridge makes the perfect background to capture the mighty Waiau river.
- A trek to the top of Conical Hill will reward you with epic landscape shots.
- The views from Marble Point winery are amazing and the cute farm animals make pretty good models!
- Feeling peckish? The Hanmer Bakery is the place for a quick snack to stop the tummy rumbling.
- If you’re heading up to Hanmer on a Saturday, stop at Amberley on the way. The Saturday market is the place to buy locally made products and produce.
- En route to Hanmer Springs be sure to stop at Marble Point Winery for a delicious lunch and wine tastings.
- No trip to Hanmer Springs is complete without a walk up to the top of Conical Hill.