Phil's Best Kept Canterbury Secret #27
From the alpine village of Hanmer Springs and the French-inspired village of Akaroa, to stargazing at Lake Tekapo and scenic flights around Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park, some of the world's best après ski experiences start in Canterbury, New Zealand.
After a day on the slopes, visitors to Christchurch and Canterbury choose from some truly well kept secrets:
- Visit the alpine spa village of Hanmer Springs and soak in the
- Put on a pair of ice skates at Lake Tekapo and take a dip in the
- Café-hop and browse boutique shops in the seaside village of
- Enjoy a glass of mulled wine at The Hermitage in Aoraki / Mount Cook National Park.
- Get cosy in front of the fire in Arthur's Pass Village, New Zealand's highest altitude settlement.