Fondly known as the home of wallabies and strawberries, the Waimate district provides the perfect environment to unwind and enjoy vast open spaces and the outdoor environment. Enjoy the multitude of bike trails in and around the region.
Track distance: 18.5km
Start location: Clarkesfield Road
- 90% of the track is on metal road, then farmland for last few kms.
- Spectacular views of the Waitaki Valley.
- Unique rural alpine farmland.
Track distance: 100km
Start location: Hakataramea (Haka) township
- Views of Aoraki/Mount Cook, the Southern Alps and spectacular high-country scenery.
- Be careful of steep descent.
- Track conditions mostly unsealed.
Track distance: 80km
Start location: Pentland Hills Road/Meyers Pass Road intersection
- Well-formed track.
- 60% gravel.
- Enjoy farmland views.
Track distance: 40km
Start location: Serpentine Valley Road
- Gradual climb to the top of the pass (710 feet above sea level).
- Gravel track.
- Downhill ride to Meyers Pass/McHenry's Road intersection.
Track distance: 6.2km
Start location: Te Kiteroa car park
- Hard-packed track through native bush and indigenous forest.
- 360 degree views over Waimate.
- Technical downhill run back to the car park.