Bean to Christchurch Lately?
The café culture in Christchurch is alive and kicking with some world class institutions right at our doorstep. It was hard to choose, but here's our pick for 10 of the best spots to get your caffeine fix.
1. C1 Espresso – It's been around for 20 years, but always remains fast, fresh and unique. Definitely a Christchurch must do (who can resist a flying burger?).
2. Lyttelton Coffee Company – A little slice of delicious in the port of Lyttelton. Supplying coffee all over Christchurch and beyond, so why not get it straight from the source!
3. Hello Sunday – Nominated by its peers at the recent Hospitality Awards, as the best café in Christchurch, this Sydenham café is one that you really don’t want to miss.
4. Ilex – In the heart of the stunning Christchurch Botanic Gardens is this stunningly designed café – enjoy sitting outside for some coffee and cake and take in the idyllic atmosphere.
5. Black & White Coffee Cartel –These guys are serious about coffee! Plus they serve Cakes by Anna mini cakes, and Fairlie Bakehouse pies… need we say more?
6. Supreme Supreme – From Melbourne, to Wellington and now even better in the 03… one of the best breakfasts you can have in Christchurch – try the porridge or eggs on toast. Mmm.
7. Caffeine Laboratory – One of the most iconic Christchurch places to enjoy your morning brew. New Regent Street is a great backdrop for some seriously good food and coffee.
8. She Universe – So it isn’t the coffee here of note – it's the hot chocolate that will totally blow you away. Rich, indulgent and decadent… it's an “out of this world” experience.
9. Beach Café – Child friendly, dog friendly, and just plain old friendly. This café is the ideal place to sit and enjoy a treat or two and then walk it off with a stroll down Waimairi beach.
10. Meshino – The ultimate suburban café in St Albans, and an ideal place to go for a leisurely Sunday brunch… try the pulled lamb salad and watch your friends get food envy.
Feel like ice cream? Find out our top picks.