Explore Peel Forest and South Rangitata by foot. Walks range from 1 hour to 3 hours in duration and encompass a broad range of scenery from paddocks to virgin podocarp forest.
- Allan's Track, Peel Forest
- Coal Hill
- Dennistoun Bush Walk, Peel Forest
- Emily Falls Track, Peel Forest
- Kahikatea Walk
- Rata Falls Track, Peel Forest
- The Fern Walk
Duration: 5km, 3 hours return
Start Location: Follows on from Acland Falls track which starts off Rangitata Gorge Road
- Follow Acland Falls track from Te Wanahu Flat and turn left into Allans track after about 500 metres.
Duration: 3km, 3 hours
Start Location: Public easement, marked from Rangitata Gorge Road
- Track crosses paddocks before climbing steeply up the eastern face of Coal Hill to public conservation land.
Duration: 1.8km, 1 hour return
Start Location: Car park at Blandswood
- Walk through magnificent ancient forest.
Duration: 3.2km, 1 hour 30 minutes
Start Location: Start of Blandswood Lookout
- The falls are named after Emily Acland, wife of JB Acland.
Duration: 1.9km, 1 hour return
Start Location: Access near Peel Forest camping ground
- Easy track for family
- Shaded from wind and sun
Duration: 3km, 2 hours return
Start Location: Start of Blandswood Lookout Road, start at Emily falls track, turn right at fork
- Expect to get your feet wet as it's a short 10 minutes walk upstream to reach the falls.
Duration: 6.6km, 3 hours return
Start Location: Start of Blandswood Lookout Road
- The early part of the track passes through Mills Bush, a virgin podocarp forest. 68 species of fern are found along the walk.