The Christchurch 360 Trail is a 135km long trail encircling the city of Christchurch.
Fondly referred to as The Meurky Walk (in honour of its inventor) - it links up many existing tracks and urban routes.
Walk highlights include:
- Marshes & wetlands
- Dry Savannah ecosystems
- Verdant bush remnants
- Hilltop of the Crater Rim
- Items of historical & cultural interest
There are eight sections of the trail all ranging in length from 4-5 hour walks to 9-10 hours.
Eight sections include:
- Leg 1 - Godley Cliffs 16km (7 - 8 hour walk)
- Leg 2 - Estuary Marshes 19km (7 - 8 hour walk)
- Leg 3 - Dunes Wetlands 16km (6 - 7 hour walk)
- Leg 4 - Brooklands Mouth 10km (4 -5 hour walk)
- Leg 5 - Waimakariri Braids 20km (7 - 8 hour walk)
- Leg 6 - Avonhead Gardens 24km (9 - 10 hour walk)
- Leg 7 - Opawaho Divide 16km (6 - 7 hour walk)
- Leg 8 - Sugarloaf Hills 18km (8 - 9 hour walk)