There’s no shortage of picture-perfect locations around Canterbury. From vibrant street art and epic views from the Port Hills, to our gardens and vibrant city centre, there are Instagram-worthy spots all over the show.
Here are our top picks for you to spice up your ‘gram feed!
Walls of colour
Christchurch’s street art scene brings vibrancy to every corner of the city. With hundreds of places to explore, there’s plenty of choice for that perfect backdrop. Check out this map to hunt down the city’s best.
Mother Nature brings the goods
Big surprise – Ōtautahi Christchurch and Waitaha Canterbury is lush with green spaces to get that outdoor vibe in your feed. We’ve got you covered, here’s the best of the bunch.
- The Christchurch Botanic Gardens boasts massive trees and epic flower gardens, conservatories and riverside scenes. Snap a pic by the Peacock Fountain or get down amongst the daffodils. Check out our list of sweet outdoor spaces around the city.
- Riccarton and Harper Aves become a hot spot for blossom spotting in early spring. Cherry blossom trees and daffodils in full bloom are an Instagrammer’s dream! This place is guaranteed to deliver that perfect shot.
- The peaceful gardens of Mona Vale are home to heritage buildings and lush gardens. Get your rose garden fix here or come back at golden hour for riverside vistas and garden charm.
- Nestled at the edge of Lyttelton Harbour, Ohinetahi, Governors Bay is a private garden open to the public most days. Get lost in a maze of perfect hedges, beautiful roses and native planting. The gazebos and serene settings create dreamy fairy-tale vibes.
- Ōtautahi Christchurch is the country’s newest city, with modern architecture alongside our prized heritage buildings. Get into the four avenues to fill your feed with urban splendour.
- The Bridge of Remembrance bookends Cashel Mall in epic fashion. A staple on the Instagrammer’s city scenery, the bridge spans the Avon River, surrounded by streetscapes and lush planting.
- The City Promenade is an epic urban landscape that winds through the city along the Ōtākaro Avon River. Take in parks and food establishments, playgrounds and mature trees, and revel in those sweet city vibes.
- This little lane is dubbed New Zealand’s most beautiful street, so get creative with the pastel colours of New Regent Street. Grab a whisky or an ice cream, peruse the cute chops, and grab an iconic shot of the tram.
Food and Drink
It wouldn’t be Instagram without endless snaps of food. Unleash your inner influencer at these epic foodie spots around Ōtautahi Christchurch.
- The definition of aesthetic, C1 Espresso comes complete with pneumatic tubes, quirky decorations and moving bookcases. Print your face on coffee or grab an unexpectedly entertaining cup of tea. Corner of Tuam and High streets in Christchurch CBD.
- Sari Sari – Filipino Kitchen - not only is their food bold and delicious, it’s pretty too! Complete with flowers and stunning plating, get ready for some serious food envy from your followers! On High St in Christchurch CBD
- This place in dripping in décor. Amazonita is becoming a staple of The Terrace’s food offering, with greenery and taxidermy from all angles. You’re sure to get a sweet shot within these walls. Plus, they serve Frosé! Yes, that’s frozen rosé. On The Terrace, in Christchurch CBD.