The Canterbury Regional Film Office’s main role is to coordinate with production companies to gain the necessary approvals and/or information from relevant members of the local community, local government and impacted stakeholders.
We can help with:
- Providing information and assistance relating to filming in Christchurch and Canterbury
- Ensuring a quick turnaround for approvals
- Coordinating with the City and local bodies to issue permits for the use of public land
- Providing an advocacy service for the screen production industry
- Providing contacts and liaison with a range of local services
- Co-ordinating the assistance of local authorities, permits and location scouts to provide a seamless production experience across a diverse range of locations.
** If you have any questions regarding the Screen Permit Pre-application form please get in touch: Bree Loverich, Acting Film Office Manager