New Zealand Cup and Show Week tickets on sale from tomorrow
31 July 2013
New Zealand Cup and Show Week 2013, Canterbury’s spring festival, kicks off on Friday 8 November. Tickets go on sale from tomorrow, Thursday 1 August.
The nine-day festival, which celebrates the region’s racing, fashion and agriculture, will begin with a street party in the Central City where people will be able to enjoy fashion parades, live entertainment and late night shopping.
Christchurch City Council Marketing and Events Manager, Richard Stokes says there is no better place to be than Christchurch during New Zealand Cup and Show Week.
“This festival gives us the opportunity to come together and celebrate in style the many things that make this city and its amazing backyard so special. It is going to be a wonderful chance for locals to have some fun and for out-of-town visitors to see how creative and exciting Christchurch has become,” Mr Stokes says.
New Zealand Cup and Show Week is Canterbury’s annual celebration of racing, fashion and agriculture. The key events are:
- The festival will launch on Friday 8 November with a city street party in the Central City.
- The week of celebrations for the 150th New Zealand Cup at Riccarton Park will start with the Sothys New Zealand 2000 Guineas Day on Saturday 9 November.
- The prestigious Christchurch Casino New Zealand Trotting Cup Day at Addington Raceway is not to be missed on Tuesday 12 November.
- The largest Agricultural & Pastoral Show in the country, the Canterbury A&P Show will run from Wednesday 13 to Friday 15 November.
- Riccarton Park will be again in focus on Ladies’ Day for the running of the Couplands Bakeries Mile on Wednesday 13 November.
- New Zealand’s top greyhound racing is on at Addington Raceway on Thursday 14 November with the Buy Sell & Exchange NZ Greyhound Cup.
- Show Day Races at Addington on Friday 15 November is a great day out for everyone.
- The final event of the week will be the highlight of the country’s racing calendar with the Christchurch Casino 150th New Zealand Cup, and the New Zealand Bloodstock 1000 Guineas Day on Saturday 16 November at Riccarton Park.
For more information about events, to purchase tickets and to find out what is happening during the festival week in Christchurch visit www.nzcupandshow.co.nz
Follow New Zealand Cup and Show Week on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NZCupandShow