Looking for a short break filled with heart pumping activities in epic locations? You Can Do Adventure in Canterbury.
Day 1: Christchurch to Methven
- Touch down in Christchurch and make a beeline for Cargo Bar, Christchurch's first shipping container bar, and tuck into a breakfast fit for a king. You're going to need it!
- Head to Adrenalin Forest to kickstart the adventure with seven high rope courses designed to push you to the limit.
- Spend the afternoon in Methven, a bustling ski town in winter and adventure playground in summer. If it's ski season, head off-piste and hit the slopes of Mt Hutt. But if the snow is a no show, crank it up a notch with a Downhill Mountain Biking Challenge or Jet Boat ride up the Rakaia.
- End the day with a hearty meal in a local pub.
Day 2: Methven to Peel Forest
- Drive 75 minutes along the bottom of the foothills to Peel Forest and witness the stunning surrounds as you battle guaranteed grade 5 rapids with Rangitata Rafts.
- Recharge your batteries and settle in for the night at Peel Forest Lodge, a cosy lodge nestled in the heart of the forest.
Day 3: Peel Forest to Geraldine
- Journey 20 minutes to Geraldine and meet Big Rock Canyons for a full day of non-stop adventure with canyoning tours designed to suit every level of ability, from novice to expert.
- Head back to Peel Forest for another night or find a quaint B&B in Geraldine and experience some genuine Kiwi hospitality.
Day 4: Geraldine to Ashburton to Christchurch
- Finish off your adventure filled holiday with a tour of Canterbury from 12,000ft, see the plains, ocean and Southern Alps stretch out below you. Then skydive out of a perfectly good plane…for fun!
- Drive 1 hour back from Ashburton and arrive in Christchurch with enough time to explore a bit more of this ever-evolving city on foot, by bus, bike or even on a Segway.
- Unwind with a spot of lunch from one of the awesome food caravans at Re:START whilst being entertained by the local buskers before heading homewards.