Whether you work in the Central City, are heading in for a meeting or some retail therapy - the CBD is home to a wide variety of delicious lunch choices. Quick options for your lunch break without giving up on quality. Here are just some of our favourites for you to explore.
- With some of the best sushi you can find in the city, Hachi Hachi in Cashel Square is a must try.
- Looking for something healthy? Piki Poke is the South Island's first dedicated poke shop (pronounced Poh-Kay). You can find this Hawaiian trend in The Crossing.
- Pizza and a craft beer more your style? Pop on down to Dux Central - the perfect place for those long Friday lunches.
- Tacos and fried chicken - our favourite! The team at Mexico waste no time getting your order to the table, ensuring there is plenty of time for dessert. Churro's anyone?!
- Looking for a cafe with an exceptional cabinet offering? You cannot go past Arbo. With some of the best custard squares in town, you might find yourself popping back here on your afternoon tea break as well!
- Pad Thai or Chicken and Cashew Nuts on your mind? You need to visit Thai Box, part of the famous Thai Container family.
- Dimitris Greek Food Truck is a Christchurch institution - and they are back! You can pick up your next souvlaki on the corner of Cashel Street and Plymouth Lane.
- The Fresh Choice City Market is the perfect place to pick yourself up a delicious takeaway salad and deli selection.