When was the last time you explored central Christchurch with the family?
Here's our checklist for great things to do:
1. Margaret Mahy Family Playground. A 'must do' for any family trip into Christchurch. The slides, spider web, flying fox and water play will keep little and big kids entertained for hours.
2. HOYTS EntX is movie going fun for the whole family. Offering some of the largest screens in Christchurch with powered reclining seats in all cinemas, two extreme screens, a ground floor dining precinct and candy bar to make the mouth water!
3. Rollickin' Gelato. See the little ones eyes widen as they stare through the cabinet in anticipation at the mounds of gelato goodness. You can even have a wee taste before you buy. Warning - gelato envy is a given!
4. City Putt & Cruise. Nothing screams family fun like a game of mini golf. Enjoy this inner city course with the holes reminiscent of Christchurch's past.
6. Christchurch Botanic Gardens. Definitely quintessential Christchurch. Gather the troops and spend an afternoon climbing trees, feeding ducks, scooting the paths and checking out the playground.
7. Antigua Boat Sheds. Hire a paddle-boat or kayak and challenge the family to a race down the Avon River. Try not to get too wet!
8. Canterbury Museum. Learn about the past, present and future Christchurch and Canterbury. For children who love the natural world then a trip to the Discovery Room is a must. For a $2 entry, kids will be delighted and amazed at the range of bugs, fossils and creepy crawlies including a live tarantula.
9. Christchurch Tram. Take a tour of the inner city from the comfort of the Christchurch Tram. Hop on and off throughout the city and treat the family to a spot of inner city shopping and lunch.
10. Rauora Park. Get the sneakers on and head for a game of basketball, table tennis or try the pump track in the East Frame. Top off your day by exploring the street art and Gap Filler projects in the area.
11. The Terraces. Feed the eels from the steps of The Terraces next to the Bridge of Remembrance. Did you know there are special Eel condos built under The Terraces. How cool is that!