Want to eat out but don’t want to spend a fortune? We’ve got you covered with some of the best, cheap eats in town. Be sure to tick them off your list!
- For selection you can’t go past the Friday Street Food Market in Cathedral Square. An array of local and international cuisine is on offer including Liberty Dogs, Little German Kitchen, Spring Potato, Malaysian Style Noodles, Coq au Van, Kung Fu Dumplings, The Vagabond Chefs and Transylvanian Delight to name but a few.
- Pot Sticker Dumpling Bar – with a growing reputation for some of the best dumplings in town its worth putting this place on your to-do list. The fast, friendly service and range of hot, fresh dumplings, dim sum and bao’s are just delicious.
- Dimitris Greek Food – this local icon serves up hundreds of delicious souvlaki’s everyday. Tender meat or falafel are all wrapped up with salad in a tasty, warm pita - perfect!
- Hachi Hachi – based in the BNZ Centre, Hachi Hachi serve up delicious noodles, donburi, curry and sushi in a beautiful Japanese-style setting. Try the sushi burger for something a bit different – choose between six different fillings all priced between $7 to $12.
- EntX – for the best selection of cheap eats under one roof head to EntX, try diverse flavours and gastronomic experiences galore in the groundfloor hospitality precinct. Grab one of the best acai bowls in New Zealand from Nourish Pod , a kebab from Ottoman Turkish Kebabs or try a fusion blend of Asian and Pacific Cuisine at Roll & Bowl with their sushi burritos and poke bowls – yum!
- Caffeine Lab – some of the best coffee in town and a perfect all day breakfast menu to sink your teeth into this popular New Regent Street café always satisfies. Try their Raspberry Ripple Loaf – served with berry compote, crème fraice and grated dark chocolate for an indulgent start to your day!
- Pike Poke – for a healthy option head straight to Piki Poke where you can build your own bowl of deliciousness by choosing your base, protein and salads – youso you based on your dietary requirements and make it as healthy as you like! Pick your base, protein and salads.
- Little High Eatery is a foodie-on-a-budget dream, the bustling up-market foodhall has so much to choose from including Bacon Brothers, Sushi Solider, Eightgrains, Base Woodfired Pizza and Caribe Latin Kitchen. Head down High Street and take your pick!