- Going against the grain- SiloStay accommodation opens
Going against the grain- SiloStay accommodation opens
12 March 2014
Built for the discerning traveller - the ground floor is equipped with a custom fitted kitchenette for all cooking needs, a relaxed seating area, toilet & external balcony. The stylish & luxurious first floor bedroom, bathroom & balcony are accessed via a sculptural steel staircase. Each apartment has a wall mounted flat screen TV, satellite channels, bed head mounted stereo/CD/iPod/MP3 & broadband internet.
SiloStay has been designed and built using innovative earth friendly systems. Wool is the insulation of choice – under floor, in the walls and in the ceiling. A waste by-product of timber production is used to heat the units in winter. Passive cooling in summer means simply open the hatch at the top of silo. Even the waste water system is planet friendly – ‘Biolytix’. The BioPod harnesses the energy in the waste (including the sewage, toilet paper and food waste) to nourish the worms that break down the waste. Nothing is wasted. All the atmospheric lighting, both within individual silos and the external boardwalks are LED.
Little River – referred to as the gateway to Banks Peninsula, and the ideal point to explore the isolated southern bays:-
- Spend a day at the beach swimming or simply admiring abundant wildlife in magnificent Tumbledown Bay
- Catch a wave at Magnet Bay or Te Oka Bay
- Visit Peraki Bay's whaling station monument
- Explore numerous adventure cycleway trails
- Travel on and explore the spectacular wildlife and ecology of the south eastern bays
Choose to stay somewhere different – enjoy the eco friendly SiloStay experience, and explore the beauty of the rugged landscape of the Banks Peninsula region. www.silostay.kiwi.nz
For enquiries and bookings contact:
Phone: +64 3 329 9021+64 3 329 9021