Tūranga is the cultural hub for Christchurch and a place for information, inspiration and entertainment.
It is the largest public library in the South Island (at nearly 10,000 square metres) and the flagship for the Christchurch City Libraries network.
Tūranga is not your traditional library, features include:
- up to 100 computers
- innovation zone for trialing new technology
- Spark Place: flexible space for seminars, presentations and workshops
- free Wi-Fi internet access
- 3D printers and laser cutters
- creative spaces
- music and video editing studios
- rooms for activities such as craft sessions
- meeting spaces
- boardroom and meeting rooms
- entertainment spaces
- TSB Space: 200-seat arena for performances, author talks and public debates
- Southbase Gallery: exhibition area
- Discovery Wall and digital displays about events and activities
- children’s play zone
- relaxing spaces
- quiet reading room
- outdoor roof terraces
- café and espresso bar
Explore more about the inspiration, name and architecture behind Tūranga.
8am to 8pm Monday to Friday,
10am to 5pm on Saturday and Sunday.